Monday, April 27, 2009

I'm Practicing

I'm practicing patience. I'm practicing kindness. I'm practicing acceptance. All these things are things I need to practice giving to myself. I find that I don't care for me the way I care for everyone around me. Even more, I act more lovingly toward strangers than I do toward myself!

Today I'm committing to doing the things that make me happy, healthy, and strong. I'm going to choose nutritious food (like I do for Mason), I'm going to go to the gym and enjoy my workout (not worrying about the other things I should be doing), and I'm going to do one project that is on my list of things I want to do. For just today, I'm practicing making me a priority. Wish me luck, patience, kindness, and acceptance. I wish all and more for you, too!

1 comment:

penny said...

Good for you! I, too, am guilty of showing more love to others than I do to myself at times. Society seems to glorify those who do without, but I don't think that one can be effective in loving others without some amount of love for one's self. I mean, the Bible says that even Jesus had to have some "me time." And if he can do it, I think its ok for the rest of us to do so as well!