Friday, April 3, 2009

Celebrity Influence

I'm not influenced by celebrities, never really have been. I'm not a Fashionista, and really don't care who's dating whom. Other than Oprah, and who isn't inspired by Oprah? I can't recall a time I was ever in awe or inspired by a celebrity...Oh! There was the time I met Don Henly and suddenly couldn't speak, literally, could-not-speak! For me, that's hilarious! That's a story for another day!

I have to say, I am very inspired by Valerie Bertinelli. She strikes me as very real and her weight loss seems actual. Not surgical, not medically induced, and not done via a liquid diet. I have a body very similar to Valerie and this excites me. If she can do it, so can I! I don't know if this fire will burn out, but I'm going to run with it while it's hot! If she can, I can. If she can, I can. If she can, I can...and so the mantra goes while I sing and run on the treadmill or spin on a bike. I can. I will!

1 comment:

penny said...

Too funny! I've picked out my celebrity motivator also. Mine's Anne Hathaway. She and I have the same body type (and, I'm told, smile :))and she seems to be real down-to-earth person. I read an interview where she talked about having to lose weight for Devil Wears Prada. She had agreed to do it because it was part of her job, but hated every minute of it. And right after the shooting was over, she gained it all back -which is good, because she didn't need to be so tiny to begin with! Though she's still young, she serves as a great inspiration for women who need to be more comfortable with their bodies.