Wednesday, April 15, 2009

I Broke Down

Shoot! I weighed myself and as I suspected, I've gained 4 lbs back. I can admit that my monthly cycle is probably partially the culprit, but I know that I've slipped from my regimen. I'm back on track with my menu but not with my exercise. Exercise is critical for me to lose and maintain weight loss.

I'm going to the gym today and I'm going to give it all I have. At least 40 minutes of cardio and equal time weight training. I'll post again to report my trip. Penny, I'm counting on you to hold me accountable. You're the only one who read this blog, laughing, keep me honest! See you in a bit! Oh and by the way, Dave redeemed himself by taking all the excess Easter candy to work. He gave me back my "no fail" environment! Just thought it was only fair since I held him to the fire on Monday.

3 comments:

penny said...

I'll be happy to keep you accoutable! And not to dismiss you're falling off the bandwagon, or anything, but your cycles can cause youto retain water and add a few pounds... if that makes you feel any better about it :)
Kudos to Dave for taking the candy to work. It's great that you have a spouse to support your weight loss... most of the time :)

penny said...

So, how did you do at the gym?

Kathy said...

Hi Penny - I didn't got to the gym. My back has been out so I went to get a massage since I couldn't get in with my chiropractor. I've been miserable, but I did not blow exercise off all together. I went for an hour long walk on the streets and roads surrounding my home. Where I live, nothing is flat. Though it wasn't my normal pace, I did what I could and can hopefully see the doc today. I'm still pretty hunched over! Thanks for staying on me!