Monday, March 30, 2009

I Took Liberty

I have been so diligent with my diet and exercise all week. It feels good and things were going so smoothly...until yesterday. I started to crave sugar. I wanted a cookie, some cake, donuts, something sinful. I resisted. I ate some healthy Fiesta Chicken salad (roasted chicken breast shredded, cilantro, red onion, peppers, a little olive oil and lemon juice), drank a tall glass of water and waited. Nope, still want crap food. I went into the yard and put the chemicals in the spa, picked up toys, and got back to work. Now I'm salivating. I finally stopped fighting it and took liberty. I ate a Nutty Bar, three small cookies, and a WW dessert cup. About 700 calories in total. The upside, I did go to the gym today as well. So there it is. I can't schedule a cheat day because it will go WAY overboard. I'm content to get back to the program because in reality, I'm feeling really good. Whew, thanks. I've dusted myself off and I'm ready to face this week with lots of hope, faith, and fresh pressed veggie juice. Happy Monday!

1 comment:

penny said...

It's great that you're able to "get right back on the horse" as you'd say. Much better than binging on crap food and then hating yourself for it. I know what you mean about the "dangers" of your scheduling a cheat day, but how about just incorporating cheats into your day? Like that great salad and two cookies? ('course the problem is stopping at just two :)) I guess what I mean to say is that maybe there's a way you can respect you cravings without going overboard. Total deprivation of sweets can only lead to being bad, right?
Anyway, keep up the good work. I'm proud of you! (can I do that without really knowing you?... Sure, why not!)