Monday, March 23, 2009

It's Now Or Never!

Last week I was lightening up, today, the train took a turn for the worse. Today (actually yesterday) someone close to me told me that my stomach was showing. Hmm, I'm wearing jeans and a t-shirt that is over sized, and my stomach is showing? I think what they meant to say is, "Man, I just noticed how fat you really are." I'm totally bummed because it's true. I struggle with this everyday and can't seem to find the balance to eat all things in moderation AND exercise consistently.

I spent the second half of my Sunday in my room trying to eliminate the stack of magazines that just keeps growing and I came across a web site called WeightView.com. Basically, it's a facebook based web site that allows you to upload a "before" or current picture and then in 48 hours they e-mail you your "after" picture. Maybe this after picture will push me to do what I really want to do, and that's lose 40 lbs!

3 comments:

penny said...

I know it's frustrating, but you didn't become overweight overnight, and it's not going to come off overnight either. I guess what I want to stress is that you shouldn't set goals that are too long term or too big. It's perfectly legitimate to want to lose 40 lbs, but perhaps setting a goal for losing ten by this certain date, or getting a new swimsuit by July is more tangible incentive than is a photoshopped picture of yourself, which may or may not ever really come true.
You're beautiful, no matter what rude and insensitive friends so tactlessly point out, and it's when you accept it and begin to love yourself, that you will succeed. You need to do this because yo love yourself, not because you hate yourself. Oh, and go tell this friend of yours to go jump off a balcony if he wants to go around pointing out things like your stomach (Like yo weren't aware of it!).

Kathy said...

I know you're right Penny. I'm feeling better today, back to the gym and the sunshine is helping, too. Thanks for being with me on this journey. I don't know you, but knowing your checking in makes it more meaningful! Sincerely, thank you.

penny said...

Glad I'm able to do it!