Friday, July 31, 2009

My Favorite Summertime Drink

I love water with fresh fruit in it. For my bridal shower some eight years ago, I received a very pretty pitcher and glass set that was hand painted with bright yellow lemon slices. I didn't use it initially because I was afraid it would get broken. I woke up one day and realized that more than five years had passed and I wasn't using this pretty pitcher that I love so much. I started that day by filling it with water and adding slices of lemon, lime, and orange. I use whatever fresh fruit I have and this has become my favorite summertime drink! My own fruit infused water! I think it even tastes better because I think it is so pretty!

3 comments:

penny said...

Hey! Sorry, Ive been so quiet for the past week. I've been out of town on vacation and that means stuck in the middle of the woods with no internet... or electricity, for that matter... and no flushing toilet either >:p
It's great to hears you've been doing well while I was gone and I just gotta say that your hubby sounds like such a sweetie! Getting rid of all the crap food while you're gone, working out and encouraging you to, gosh! Make sure you give him a big wet slobbery kiss tonight, and you can tell him I told you to!
I love fruit-infused water as well. It's so much better for you than those no-calorie flavored waters laden with all those chemicals (and not to mention the fact that they're way overpriced -and for no calories!). I'm actually fond of veggies in my water too. Ever tried putting a few sliced of cucumber in your pitcher? I don't know any other way to describe it, other than absolutely amazing! Oh, and add a few fresh spearemint leaves and you'll be in an utterly euphoric state! Try it!

Margaret Geraghty Pryor said...

Kathy,

My hair salon freezes fruit chunks into ice cubes for their water too. It's delicious!

Kathy said...

Penny, I hope you had a ball! Being in the wilderness with no technology, WONDERFUL!

Hi Margaret! I had an idea years ago to market "designer ice." Juices and such made into ice cube to sell in stores for cocktails at home parties. I still don't see it in stores and think it would be a great idea, but people do it on their own! Thanks for chiming in!Kathy