Monday, July 6, 2009

Vacation And Exercise...Do They Really Go Together?

They might if your vacation is rock climbing or backpacking through rough terrain! I have to chuckle because, for all our best intentions, we got only a single day of exercise in during this full week of vacation! I might be wrong, Dave may have gone running twice, but as I write this, he's laughing saying, "Nope, just once."

We brought our workout clothes, I even remembered my DVD, but we have been busy going places, wine tasting, swimming (not the heavy-duty exercise kind), and just enjoying each other. Here's where, yet again, balance comes into play. We are on vacation so the plan is to pick back up where we left off when we get back to our everyday routine at home.

With all that said, I'm not weighing in until I'm a week or two into my normal routine. How do you handle exercise while on a week long vacation?

2 comments:

penny said...

It's called vacation for a reason :) Actually, I usually get up early and take a nice, brisk walk, and I always like to try and do those fun, nike riding, backpacking, kyak-type excursions, but I'm really ok with taking it easy and relaxing things a bit. Take a load off and get abck to the routine when you get home. That said, I agree with not wanting to weigh in until you've reestablished the routine!)

Tania said...

I wouldn't bother trying to keep on any type of routine when on vacation. Why add the stress? Eat your burgers and chocolate...oops, the chocolate was me :-)

I was away for only 2 days and now back on my routine. I won't check the scales for a week :-)