Friday, July 3, 2009

"Eat This Not That"

While I've been on the road, I've been referring to my new healthy eating bible: Eat This, Not That. This book gives me the skinny on what my healthier options are while I'm not in a position to prepare all my own meals.

Yesterday I ate at Burger King. Per the books advice, I ate a Whopper Jr. that has a mere 340 calories as it's made. I omitted the mayonnaise and cut the calories down to 270! Very cool! I had a few fries and an unsweetened iced tea.

Check out the site and buy the book. It really is a good reference to keep in your car. When you find yourself looking at a restaurant's menu, you'll be better equipped to make a healthier choice. Even if you don't want what's recommended, you can steer clear of the choice that's a full day of calories in one dish. Learn more about this paperback gem at: http://www.eatthisnotthatbook.com/uof/eatthisnotthatbook/

3 comments:

penny said...

I'm familiar with this book, and think it's a great eye opener and helpful tool for people. I especially like the Eat This Not That For Kids book. It conatins everything from fast food kids meals, and school lunch options, to after school snacks and breakfast cereals. Perfect for a parent trying to feed a little one right -but confused in a world of green ketchup, Gogurt, and Goldfish!

Kathy said...

YES! What a wonderful tool to help us parents in a world of confusing terms and labels! I saw the green ketchup and wondered if it had more sugar in it b/c it's green! Funny!

Tania said...

eating whoppers will give you fatty liver disease :-)