Wednesday, May 27, 2009

A Proud Report

Today I was talking to Lisa on the phone and the topic of our annual camping trip came up. She, like most of us, feels like she's not ready to don a swimsuit and feel good about it. I have to wonder if that day ever really comes. I mean, does any woman actually feel good in a swimsuit, thin or not? It's all about confidence and perception, your own!

I shared with Lisa that I've been working out and eating a healthy diet. Sadly, as I documented my weight yesterday morning, and realized that though the number is moving down, (174 from 179), it's only 5 lbs since 3/7/09. That's nearly 3 months, and only 5 lbs!

The good news is in my measurements. Overall, I've reduced by 7 1/2 inches! 1/2 off my bust, 1 off my waist, 2 off my tummy (the pooch), 1 off my hips, 2 off my thighs, 1 off my calves (lower leg, not baby cows!). Even if it's only 5 lbs, 7 1/2 inches my friends is good news!

It's not always about the number on the scale...uh-em, let me rephrase that, it's rarely about the number on the scale, it's about the big picture, and friends, my big picture is 7 1/2 inches smaller today!

1 comment:

Tania said...

good job kathy.

I'm still on the "I'll start tomorrow" kick ;-)

...but I'll stop that and start tomorrow :-)