Saturday, May 23, 2009

The Power Of An Infomercial

It's been hard to not be able to exercise when I know every day that goes by sets me back two. I don't know if that's statistical, but it sure feels that way.

Here I am on Saturday night and I'm feeling fired up. As the boys were winding down and getting ready for bed, I came across the Slim In 6 (www.beachbody.com) infomercial. I paused and before I knew it, I was ready to buy it! Crazy because I already own it! Laughing! Better than that is now I am even more ready to get back into my routine.

The poison oak is now dry so I suspect working up a sweat is no longer an issue. I just keep telling myself that consistency is the key, it's not always how intense or how long your workout is, it's more important just that it is. Have a happy long weekend and watch an infomercial or two, who knows how it might change your life! Smiling!

3 comments:

Tania said...

Here's a new diet that I'm following kathy.

I am wearing what I want to fit into.

I think I grew into my baggy clothes. So now I'm thinking I want to shrink into my nicer ones.

So here I sit, hoping my arms don't lose complete circultion.My chest can still move in and out as needed for breathing hahaha...

My belly shirt( not intended to be one) keeps me in check with myself each time I walk towards the fridge.

This might just work ;-) Luckily Koen is gone, because I wouldn't attempt this in front of him!

My poor kids...what they have to be exposed to at times ;-) Luckily, for their sake,I won't go in public like this. :-)

Kathy said...

You are SO funny! I'm laughing out loud, still! I can't do what you're doing, it makes me feel worse! But, yesterday I tried on a swim suit and if that doesn't push you to wrk out, nothing will!

penny said...

I'll admit that the power of the infomercial is a formiddable one :) Amazing how they can get you excited about just about anything, from toilet cleaner to blenders, with the promise that it will change your life! Kind of scary, too.. but I never took the time to think how effective infomercials could be as motivators for positive things (rather than just selling you junk). I mean, if we had people on television telling us about how eating right and excerising will change our lives, and delivering this message with alll the enthusiasm that goes into selling you that toilet bowl cleaner and Ginsu knives, just think of the number of people who would be inspired! If it can get them to "call winthin the next ten minutes," then why can't it work to get them off the couch? Hmmm... Will have to look into that...
Too funny that you were ready to buy a video you already have!

Oh, and I'm glad you can still breathe, Tania! Your approach pus a whole new meaning to the phrase "no pain no gain!" Hope it works out for you and that those skinny clothes fit you soon!