Monday, June 1, 2009

I'm Ramping It Up!

I'm feeling those all too familiar feelings that scream, "I'm working my butt off, eating really well, and I still feel like I look like a blubber-barrel when I get out of the shower!" I know I'm doing everything right, so from a health perspective, all's well. From a vanity perspective, get a move on, let's see some results already!

Since I've stayed on track, I'm feeling stronger and like I can kick it up a notch. I'm doing my harder workouts but only 1/2 or 3/4 of the workout. I may not be finishing it in one workout, but it's kicking my butt nonetheless! The next day, I'm doing the other part of the DVD so I don't get bored and I'm working different body parts.

I have three weeks until The Grand Poobah (annual group camping trip) and I'm using that as incentive to tighten the parameters of my diet and working a bit harder on my abs. My goal is to lose 3 lbs a week for a total of 9 lbs before Poobah. I'll let you know and I'll be honest!

3 comments:

Tania said...

As I sit here in my tight shirt LOL I think about cracking down a little hrder on myself. I know my downfall is soda....love that brain tumor Coke Zero.

It's the worst thing for any diet, along with alocohol.

Now Tiquilla lady ;-) If I quit the pop and you quit the alcohol...bet we both lose weight a lot faster!

Orrrrr...we can just ignore I wrote this and carry on, heehee...I'm starting today.
I'll let you know how much weight I lose next week.

water water water...is the key.

keep up the great work and I hope your back heals itself! Is that possible?

penny said...

Good luck with your 9lb goal, and it's great to hear you feel up to kicking it up a knotch. But -and I hate to sound like a mother here- just keep in mind that losing too much weight too fast isn't good for your body. I'm not sure what the "safe limits" actually are (or what is humanly possible, for that matter. I mean 3600 calories have to be burned to rid you of just 1 lb of fat!) but just thought I'd throw that out there. Just don't want you to work too hard and hurt youself again. That said, good luck! The camping trip sounds fun :)

Kathy said...

Tania,

I'm one step ahead of you. No tequila or red wine! The red wine is the harder one! Bye-bye soda! Come on you can do it!

Penny, I know you're right. The healthy average is 2 lbs a week. I figure since I easily have 20 to lose, the first 9 should drop faster than the final 11. I am listening to my body and not going to over do it!

Love to both of you! Stay tuned!