Friday, June 19, 2009

The Dreaded Plateau!

Yes, I'm stuck! I'm plateaued but I'm trying not to panic. I don't really mean panic, but slack off because I'm discouraged. I've read that it's my body getting used to the fewer calories and more exercise, but that just seems counter intuitive. Shouldn't the weight be coming off in light of the lower calories and more exercise?

So, I'm drinking more water and staying on the program. I'm even dropping my calories a little bit every other day to try to push this over the edge. This is gonna be tough because we're going camping this weekend. It's a big trip, lots of friends, and of course, great food! I'm not going to go overboard and I'm going to take advantage of the long walk to the bathroom. I'll let you know how it all pans out sometime next week! Have a wonderful weekend!

4 comments:

Tania said...

If all else fails Kathy...I know this sounds weird, but 2 days of red meat will make you drop weight when stuck.Nothing but meat.

It's a big secret from the 'diet center' plan ;-)

Have a great time camping :-)

penny said...

Perhaps you've droped your calorie intake too low? When a grown woman goes under 1,200 calories a day, your body can try extra hard to hold onto what you've got -regardless of how much excercise you do. It thinksyou're in the middle of a famine and does as much to hold onto as much as it can. Just a thought :)

Kathy said...

You guys are great support! Thank you! Penny, I know you're right, but I also know that getting older (42), everything changes, and it's getting SO much harder to drop the weight. Still trying to concentrate on health, not pants size. I said "trying!" Laughing!

penny said...

I know what you mean when you say everything changes when you get older :) After a certain age it feels like all those rules just can't apply to you anymore!