Friday, June 12, 2009

What's Your Vice?

You all know by now that my vice is food, specifically sweets. My hubby finds himself drawn to a good whiskey when he's feeling life's pressures. Whatever it is, I think half the battle is recognizing that you have a vice.

Yesterday was incredibly stressful. I wanted to fall back and binge but I didn't. fortunately, the scale was kind at the start of my day and that single pound down was enough to motivate me to stay on track. Dave came home and had his whiskey. No judgement, that's his thing and he's okay with it. I'm pretty proud that I kept my wits about me, and though I cried (it's the best release when things build up), I stayed on task and handled all I had any control over. The rest will just be what it will be.

What's your vice? How do you cope when it seems the world is resting on your shoulders alone? I love that you guys share with me and I find comfort and safety in this space. I hope you do, too! With love!

5 comments:

Tania said...

I bite my nails...LOL

Kathy said...

I used to! That's why I wear the fakies! Just can't stand for my hands to be ugly! Keep up the good work!

penny said...

Ummm... peanut butter. Yep, I'm an addict. Just a jar and a spoon and let me loose :) But when I'm really stressed out, I take a walk (or run if I'm angry) or I turn up some music really loud and dance my heart out (with all the curtains drawn, to spare the neighbors). When life gets to be just too much, the best thing for me is to tire myself out, so that I'm too whooped to care (And an endorphin release is a plus) -and to stay far away from the peanut butter!

Tania said...

oh nice, you called my hands ugly...LOL THAT"S whay I don't tell people.

Kathy said...

Penny and her peanut butter. I know what you mean, PB is a food and one I really like, too!

Tania, yes, if you bite your nails like I did, it makes your hands ugly, and sore! Maybe you are not as bad as I am! Laughing!