Wednesday, June 24, 2009

This Is SO true!

Don't shop when you're hungry! I can attest to the danger in this practice. I've been in the grocery store and bought five different things to eat on the way home. Crazy! I didn't necessarily eat them on the way home, but they weren't the kinds of things I wanted to eat when I got home either!

Now I make it a hard and fast rule that I eat before I go into the grocery store. If for some reason I'm really hungry, I buy an apple. I can say I've stuck with this, diligently. Do you find that you buy dangerous foods when you go to the store hungry?

2 comments:

Tania said...

Well, I found I have to be so-so. If I go hungry, I come home with wayyyyy too much stuff. The extras being junk food. If I go there full, I come home with a few things and the kids just look at me like, where's the food? LOL

So I have to be JUST right before going :-)

penny said...

Yeah, I agree. If I go to the store full, I lose all inspiration and don't care to think about what to buy to make fore dinner the coming week. Just don't want to think about food when you're full. Personally, this is why I'm partial to the tried and true list. I can make it when I've got my "mojo" going and don't have to be in the mood, neccessarily, when I go shopping. And I'm pretty good at sticking to the list -unless something really good is on sale :)