Wednesday, June 3, 2009

My Supportive Husband

Yesterday, I found myself caught up in work and before I knew it, it was 5:30 and Dave was home. He asked me if I had done my work out and the answer was a meek, "no."

I expected that he was changing his clothes to go running like he usually does, but to my surprise, he said, "Come on, let's do your DVD together." WOW! I didn't expect that but I was so pleased he offered. I'm also glad he did the work out with me so he could see how intense it really is.

We both did it, added in the abs work out and viola, we were done. Both soaked in sweat and smiling. It really does make a difference when you have the support of your loved ones. Do you?

1 comment:

penny said...

I definitely agree that having support of the people around you (loved ones especially) makes a world of a difference! (Your husband sounds like such a sweety pie!) Their support and ability to hold you accountable is a constant motivator. And then, there's just the attitude it creates... I have a friend who's living in Paris at the moment (her husband had to relocate for his job) and has since lost almost 40 lbs because she says the cultural attitde and lifestyle is so different. The "peer pressure, " if you will, is very powerful -and not in a bad way! Wish all dieters could go to Paris... :)