Friday, June 5, 2009

Is It Really Good For You?

I'm doing really well on my program but the scale is not budging! I'm paying it no never mind, except that I know it to tell you!

Anyway, I went grocery shopping yesterday and came across a snack in the produce section, not the fruit and veggies you expect me to find. Back to Nature - 100% Natural - Pacific Heights Blend. Sea salt roasted almonds, dark chocolate covered almond, & Bing cherry mix.

Now I know almonds are high in calories and fat, but better than candy type snacks. But get this, 160 calories per serving (3 Tbsp) with 10 servings to a bag. The bag's, say 5X7 in size, has 1600 calories and 1100 grams of fat. I could EASILY eat this whole bag in one Oprah episode. Yikes!

It pays to read the labels and I can tell you, I'm not buying it again because the part on the bag that reads "10.5oz of pure enjoyment." couldn't be more right." DANGEROUS, is more like it!

2 comments:

penny said...

Kind of like medications. It's good for you... if used as directed :)

jh said...

That is so many calories. You have to be careful with nuts especially-a little goes a long way. I can't sit down with a bag or I eat way too many. Good fat, but still. Thanks for all your great posts-inspiring and thought provoking.

jen
Boda Weight Loss Blog