Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Working Out In The Pool

Today I had a session of aqua-therapy. It started out as these really simple exercises, mostly stretching and bending and all I could think was, this is too easy. I'm going to have to go home and work out again if I'm going to get a real work out in. The therapist must have read my mind because as soon as I thought that, she put me in the deep end of the pool and said, "Run."

Run? In the pool? Yes, with a floatie belt and webbed gloves, she had me running laps in the pool. Five minutes in I was sweating. It was fun and it was a workout. I'm still on my good eating program and I'm starting to feel thinner. My clothes are getting looser and I'm feeling my body really start to change! YAY!

I'm building momentum so the resistance is easier. I'm finding little things to satisfy my sweet tooth and my exercise DVD is getting easier. All in all, it's good! And Tania, get to it! It works when you work it girl!

2 comments:

penny said...

Working out in the water could probably be some of the best exercise there is! You've got total, even resistance and all of your joints are equally supported. Plus, it keeps you cool when you work up a sweat! :) Horray for your momentum and keep up the positive energy. It will only take you further!

Tania said...

Hey Kathy...I'm well into the diet already. No snacks, no sweets and I lost 5 in my first week.Just basic eating habits.

I use to teach aqua fitness. With my 'natural' blond hair(heehee) I like to avoid chlorine hahahaha.

I'll get on the treadmill in another week or so. I want to get use to my new diet before adding exercise :-)