Friday, August 7, 2009

Nurture Your Marriage

Mason has been invited to spend the night with a friend. That's great news because that means Dave and I get a free date night! We always make time for each other but it's more difficult when we have to find and pay a sitter and then be bound by certain days and times. In some cases, arranging a sitter is more difficult than just spending time at home.

Dave and I have a great time no matter what we do, but when we go "out," it reminds us about all the reasons we fell in love. This of course lingers for a few days and encourages us to set another date night, sooner! Do you nurture your marriage with time away from the kids? I can only speak for us, but I think Dave and I laugh as much as we do because we do put forth the effort to "date" even though we have been married for nearly eight years. If you haven't dated your spouse lately, I say plan something fun, find a sitter, and go!

No comments: