Friday, August 21, 2009

I Had A Baby

While running on the treadmill at the gym, I reached a milestone and ran for a full 30 minutes and nearly 2 1/2 miles. There was a woman on the elliptical next to me and we finished our workouts at the same time. We walked out the door and the woman said, "Are you training to run a marathon?" I burst out laughing and said, "Yes, why yes I am. Do you want to train with me?" She stuttered a little and mumbled that she couldn't, she would hold me back, and some other bit of nonsense. I nodded and told her I was really just trying to lose weight since I had a baby. She lit up and asked, "Oh, how old is your baby?" I couldn't keep a strait face when I burst out laughing, "Almost six!" She started laughing, too and said her kids were starting high school but she did just get a puppy, does that count? We were both laughing hysterically in the parking lot and all I could think is how much I love the people who live here in Auburn. I gave her my phone number and I really hope she calls. It doesn't matter if she wants to run a 5K, I just think she and I would be great friends!

2 comments:

Tania said...

hahahahahahaha! Very good. It's nice when you can find others who laugh, rather than the ones who just give you 'the look' after saying how old your baby is! hahahaha...I can't stop laughing!

Kathy said...

Yes! And it was especially funny that she worked in that she just got a puppy so that reset the clock! We are all just women trying to do the best we can on all fronts! A little support and a lot of laughter goes a really long way!