Monday, August 31, 2009

It's a Struggle

It's a struggle to just enjoy life when you are trying to lose weight. So much of what we consider enjoyment or pleasure involves food. We were camping this weekend and though not all of our activity revolved around chow, it inevitably came back to the coolers and, "What do we have to eat?"

I tried to find balance so that I remembered the trip as enjoyable. I found that having a little of something was enough to participate, but I didn't need to keep helping myself to more. This morning, my weight is up, but you know, it's going to be up and it's going to be down. I'm going back to the gym today and my mental state is that the last time I was there on Thursday, I ran the full three miles! Additionally, my body is starting to show the changes. My clothes are looser and my measurements are all down. With that, up or down, I'm on the right track and plan to stay with it!

2 comments:

Tania said...

tomorrow's a new month and I have my plans...again ;-)

really this time!

Kathy said...

You go girl. You know, you have to start at some point. What the heck are you waiting for? Laughing!