Friday, September 25, 2009

Kickboxing = So Sore!

I did a cardio kickboxing class yesterday and I'm so sore! It was a great class, it was really tough, and it pushed me hard. Maybe, too hard. I can't all the way explain it, but have you ever seen yourself and suddenly realized you are now seeing yourself the way you really are, the way you really are?

During this class, the room has mirrors everywhere and all I see is this fat, stocky middle-aged woman huffing and puffing while trying to keep up with the class. All I wanted to do was walk out, but that would be admitting that the fat, stocky middle-aged woman is real. She is real, I know that, but I don't like it and I'm not a quitter. There is so much more to this and I'm not sure how much I want to share, but I'm struggling right now and really need to get a grip on some solid, sound actions. I have some thoughts and feel like this kind of shift in my mental attitude is often the catalyst to a major change. I'll share more on Monday. I'm struggling but also feeling hopeful that this low is the start of a good, solid, healthy cycle.

1 comment:

Tania said...

mirrors are so mean...they should be illegal ;-)

do you ever notice that the more weight you gain, the shorter the hair looks? hahahahaa....I swear my hair was longer than this!