Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Weigh In Day

I weighed in this morning at 171 lbs. This is a few pounds up from my recent loss of 13lbs, but hey, it's a work in progress and will always be something a little up, or a little down.

I'm 5'-51/2" tall and some BMI indexes classify me as obese. They say I should weigh 135-145 lbs. Realistically, the only time I weighed 135lbs was when I was using illegal drugs back in the 80's. Yes, I had a four year stint in my life when I made some really poor decisions. Those days are long gone and so is any hope of weighing 135 lbs. I guess that's not a good attitude, I probably could weigh that again, but I have to ask myself if I'm willing to do what that will take without the speed. For now, I'm aiming for 150-155.

Today was a very stressful day. For a number of reasons, I've been experiencing some severe anxiety attacks (money issues being primary), and this would've been prime time to overeat. I did not. I had a low-cal healthy breakfast, lunch out, but a good choice, a low-cal measured portion for dinner, and a piece of cake for Ken's birthday. I expressed my anxiety through 3 glasses of wine. Hey, the wine is not the best answer, but it could have been an entire binge day, with that said, I'm taking the win.

Bravely, here are my current "before" pictures. My initial goal is to lose 20 lbs. I did 3 miles on the treadmill yesterday, along with abs and some strength training. Today I did upper body strength training. Tomorrow, at least 3 miles on the treadmill and strength training. What are you doing to reach your fitness or weight loss goals?

No comments: