Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Stress Overload

I was awakened this morning with a phone call from Citi Bank about our credit card account being in collections...missed payment...terms changed...minimum payment due $1356.04! "What! There's no way, I pay our bills...on time...religiously..." Is my now wide awake reply.

After I caught my breath and went pee, I went on line to see what the heck was going on. $456 of that minimum payment is finance charges, and the rest of the amount is what is due with the new interest rate of 26.99%. Of course I called and got as far as I could until Dave needed to call. I had to call him while he is on vacation and have him handle this, which made me feel even worse. Apparently, there was an issue with my scheduled on line payment and it wasn't paid. They put our terms back the way they were, we made the payment, and they are reviewing whether or not they will reverse the $456 in finance charges.

All this said, I am feeling an incredible urge to take Mason out to eat crap food. I have instead eaten a measured cup of raisin bran with 1/2 a banana, and a handful of cherries. While I wanted to keep eating, I am here instead. Hopefully writing about what I'm feeling will distract me long enough for the destructive urge to pass. I'll let you know, but in the meantime here is my favorite affirmation: "In the infinity of life where I am, all is perfect, whole, and complete. I am exactly where I need to be, doing what I need to do, learning what I need to learn. All is well in my world."

I feel better already.

1 comment:

Kara Plank said...

how do you keep track of all your blogs? Incidentally, I know everyone is comfortable at different leavels of weight, but your before pictures actually look good. Don't be too hard on yourself about weight, as long as you are healthy. If you don't feel comfortable, however, then do what it takes...