Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I Forgot My Secret

Have you ever done that? When I lived in Alameda, I was as fit as I've ever been. A solid, healthy size 8, 150 lbs and I felt great.

My secret was using a heart rate monitor for my cardio workouts. I found that I dropped the weight much faster when I stayed in my target "fat burning" zone. I misplaced the chest strap for my HRM so I used Dave's the other day. Here's what brought it all back. I'm using the elliptical for my cardio workouts and for 30 minutes w/o the HRM, I'm covering 2.25 miles. With the monitor on and my awareness of where I need to be, same 30 minutes, 4.5 miles, and lots more sweat!

I fell off my short wagon ride while we were in Truckee, but now that I'm back, we'll see if working out in my training zone brings me the results I think it will. After all, what do I say? Yep! "Whatever you think, you're right!"

No comments: