Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Running! Running! Running!

I've been to the gym both days this week and plan to go today. I'm running a full 20 minutes, okay, I did 20 on Monday but only 15 on Tuesday. But, I'm running and I'm doing better than I thought I would in light of all the inconsistency in the last 6 weeks. I'm pleased and hopeful.

I want to note that I'm not setting myself up to fail this holiday season. I plan to keep up my exercise, indulge a little, but make sound food choices the larger part of my week. I figure I'm going to be on this merry-go-round for the rest of my life, I might as well pace myself! What are your plans for not over-doing his Christmas and New Year?

1 comment:

penny said...

Loving the optimism! As for me, I tend to treat myself the way a health-conscious mother treats her children at the holidays. "Eat your veggies and you can have a cookie and a glass of milk." "Another cookie? No, honey, you've already had one." I've just got to do my own mothering!
Good luck in the New Year!