Friday, September 5, 2008

On a Roll...

but not the bread kind! It seems I'm hanging in there and the food part it getting easier. Some of the things I'm doing are making a shake (SlimFast) for breakfast or a measured cup of raisin bran, eating at least one apple a day (high fiber you know!), and not eating past 8:00 PM.

My exercise is still not as consistent as I think it needs to be, but hey, step by step I'll get there. I'm feeling thinner and that helps keep me honest, too.

I bought a book that's very interesting. It's called Eat This, Not That by David Zinczenko. It gives you the better choice for the food you may want to choose. It covers almost all the fast food restaurants and grocery store categories. For example, in the 10 Top Swaps, it says for a burrito to eat the Taco Bell Regular Style Steak Burrito Supreme (390 calories/14g fat) instead of the Chipoltle Steak Burrito (1126 calories/45g fat). You'll save 736 calories and 31 grams of fat!

Of course, I'm counting calories so I'm not eating fast food, but when you have to, this is a handy reference tool to have. Check it out, well worth the $16!

No comments: